Monday, February 16, 2015

Will's Party

Thursday was a big ole party day for the big boys.  First up was Will's party.  I was one of the organizing moms and I went up to help with the party.  It was just so darn cute and reminded me once again that we are so fortunate to have found out about his school.  He has just thrived there!  Every time I see his teachers in action I'm even more impressed.  It's also nice to get to know a few moms of preschoolers.  The school is close to our elementary school so several kids in his class could start kindergarten with Will in 2016.  Yikes, that sounds really close!

When I arrived they were practicing making hearts with their hands - so cute!

 Then it was time for ice cream!  The parents went around with several toppings - I don't think Will said no to any of them.

This picture just melts my heart.  While the kids were waiting to start games Will and two of his little buddies sat down to read.  It was so precious!  We have noticed that Will is 'reading' more and more.  In fact at bedtime he often reads to me instead of the other way around.  He talks about every picture and explains what is going on.  It's funny because he knows all the words to a few of his favorites - Road Work anyone?
We played a few games and the kids all had a blast.  This is the aide in Will's classroom.  She is so sweet.  At home when we play school he insists that I call him Mrs. D.  He then gets out paper plates and napkins and passes them out.  I mentioned it to her and sure enough she passes out the supplies before snack every day.   

We have Will signed up for five mornings a week at the same school next year. We've been so spoiled with his teachers this year that the new ones will have huge shoes to fill!

No comments: