Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Purina Farms

Brain took the day off work and we packed up the kids to visit Purina Farms today. This has been on my list to visit for the past two years and I'm so excited we actually made it. We met one of Max's little friends from pre-school there and the kids had a great time!
The boys tested their strength to see if they could pull as much weight as a horse. They tried with all their might, but they couldn't get the scale to budge.
Max wasn't too interested in checking out the animals, but Will and I thought these little pigs were adorable.
After the boys were all worn out from running around the barn we headed to the dog show area. As always, Max was resistant to having his picture taken.
Will couldn't take his eyes off the dogs. I think his favorite was when they jumped into the pool to catch their Frisbees - or at least that was my favorite part.
After a quick bite to eat in the cafe, we boarded the tractor for a ride around the property. Thank goodness there was at least a bit of a breeze - it is hot out there today!
All in all it was a great outing with great company. I wonder where we should head next?

No comments: