Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Police Officer Mama

I feel like I police all day. Max, turn the TV off. Will, stay out of the dog's water. Max, let your brother play. Will, get away from the steps. . .
It just goes on all day. I love these little guys more than anything, but there are times when I want to pull my hair out! Will just wants to do whatever his big brother does and it makes Max crazy. If Max is playing trains, Will wants to pull apart the tracks. If Max is reading, Will wants to turn the pages too quickly. If Max is playing cars, Will wants to destroy the road. It goes on and on and on. . .
Almost a solid month of 100+ temperatures has made it tough to get out and do too much. We do get out at least once a day, but more than than and it is just too hot! There has been more TV than I would like and I feel guilty about it. I guess Super Why and Dino Train won't totally rot Max's brain - they are on PBS, so they can't be that bad, right?
I know that every age and stage will bring new challenges and joys. I know that there will come a time when I will long for the days when I policed my boys all day. I wouldn't trade even a rough day for anything else, but I sure am looking forward to getting out for book club tonight! Bring on a class of wine - although I don't think they sell wine at Bandana's.

No comments: