Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ms. Cheryl


For the past three years we have been lucky enough to have an amazing woman take care of Max. I actually taught Cheryl's son in third grade the year I had Max then she began watching Max the following August when I went back to work. He loves her more than you can imagine. Sometimes at home he says "Goodbye, Mommy." When I ask where he is going he tells me "see Cheryl."

She does an amazing job watching these four kiddos. There is structured song, table, and outside time. She sets limits and Max always knows what he can, and cannot get away with. I think most in home care givers just make the kids go along with what they need to accomplish each day. This isn't the case with Cheryl. The kids are her day, she just happens to do her job out of her home.

I'm sad to think that yesterday was officially Max's last day with Ms. Cheryl. She had ice cream to celebrate and I even took a few pictures. I know that Max is going to miss seeing Ms. Cheryl and his little buddies each day. Maybe we will have to visit every once in a while. My little Max Man is just growing up so quickly. I can't believe he will be moving on to preschool in the fall.

No comments: