Thursday, September 6, 2018

Garden Harvest

This was about the fourth year we had a garden and the first year that the deer didn't eat all of it before we could.  Early in the spring we went to Lowes and let the boys pick out some things to plant.  They chose rainbow carrots.  I think the novelty of a purple carrot was pretty appealing. 


Fast forward what fell like 10,000 days and we decided the carrots were ready for picking. 

We had a harvest of four carrots and each boy was able to pull one from the garden.  I think they were all shocked that the carrots weren't bigger. 

All three boys tasted the carrots after I got them all scrubbed and peeled - all three boys promptly spit them out.  I tried one too, just to show them that they were overreacting.  I couldn't do it!  They were totally disgusting!  I have no idea why our carrots were so gross, but I have a feeling the boys will pick something else to grow next year.

We still have tomatoes ripening and three watermelons growing.  Not sure how much longer it will last, but it has been fun!



No comments: