Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Happy Birthday Max!


 10 . . . ten . . . TEN!!  Seriously?  How did my baby boy turn into a TEN year old?  I swear it happened overnight.  We had a wonderful weekend celebrating 10 years of Max. 

Saturday night started the festivities with dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  His favorite dinner was served and there were brownies and white ice cream for dessert.  Pretty much his ideal dinner.  He looked so cute blowing out that candle.




 The celebration continued Sunday on is actual birthday with a party with friends.  He chose to have a laser tag/high ropes party.  Laser tag was a huge hit and everyone loved it.  I guessed a few boys might be thrown by the ropes course, but most of them at least gave it a try.

 I thought Max would love it and he did.  He completed almost every single obstacle and he didn't look back.

 We wrapped up with pizza and cake in the party room.  I sure hope that wish come true!

It so fun to watch Max grow.   I feel like he is maturing before our very eyes.  Some parts I'm ready for and some parts make me long for my little baby Max that sounded french when he would call me mama-mama. 

That being said, its fun to watch Max come into his own.  Growing up can be tough and there have been some bumps, but my wish for Max is that he always finds joy in the here and now. 

So I'm finding joy right now thinking about Max just as he is - with his mathematical brain, his dread of reading, his love of video games, his desire to be a you tuber, his sly smiles when he is praised, his snuggles with the dog,  his determination to get the cat to sleep with him, his growth in soccer, his excitement about baseball, his swimming progress, his big feet, his dread of fancy pants, his fast showers, his crazy laugh, my unending and immeasurable love for him.  How did I get so lucky to have this guy call me mom?

No comments: