Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Happy Birthday, Max!

What a whirlwind birthday for our oldest man!  We spent the week before his birthday in Orange Beach, Alabama for spring break.  I'll post lots of fun things from that trip soon, but for now I had to wish our first born a very happy 9th birthday. 
 NINE.  I keep telling myself that I have a NINE year old.  Next year we will be in the double digits.  He is almost 2/3 of the way through elementary school.  He is 1/2 way to legal adulthood.  Oh my goodness.  I'm not ready.  Time needs to slow down!



Max got to pick all of our adventures on Friday.  Donuts in the morning followed by some park time before lunch and a trip to the beach.  Dinner that included chicken fingers.  A round of mini golf and driving his own gokart at The Track.  Top the day off with a double scoop of ice cream with m&m's and it was pretty much his perfect day.

 We celebrated Max as we drove home on Saturday, but we did the whole cake and candles portion on Sunday evening - after his pick for dinner - ravioli.  He is so proud when he tries new things - like when he was super excited to light his own candles.
I love the way his brothers are looking at him.  They both love their big brother so much!  They look up to him and light up when he gives them attenation.  It's the sweetest thing ever. 

I'll say it one last time - I can't believe our little Max Man is nine.  I still picture the newborn that came home from the hospital and was up all hours of the night.  The toddler taking his first steps between mommy and daddy in the living room of our first home.  The big three year old that started preschool and didn't cry.  The five year old that boarded that giant school bus for his first day of kindergarten without looking back.  Now we are here.  Entering the age of inbetweens.  Getting too big for little kids things, but still enjoying them.  Dipping his toes into the waters of the middle kid years.  Growing closer to friends and making plans on his own.  I'm going to savor every last minute of nine, because before I know it he will be ten.

No comments: