Friday, April 29, 2016

Happy Birthday Jack!

Birthday season in our house wraps up today with the baby of the family.  Although he isn't a baby anymore!  How is it possible that he is three?!

While it feels like he was just born yesterday, I can't imagine our family without him.  Everyday his personality shines through more and more.






He cracks me up - especially when it comes to eating.  My favorite is when he rubs his little belly with both hands and announces "I really sooooo hungry!"  Gets me every time.

He is a totally little lover.  I must get 50 big hugs a day and I savor every one - although sometimes its a bit tough to breath :)  Sleep has been a bit rough lately.  At bedtime he wants more songs and snuggles than humanly possible.  When I feel myself getting frustrated I try to remember that this won't last.  Before long, no one will want to snuggle with me before bed.  So while I do want him to go to bed and get the sleep he needs, I really enjoy the extra bit of snuggle time.

I'll admit to sending a sad picture to Aunt Anna during our snuggle session last night - it hit me that it was my last time snuggling with my two year old.

I've mentioned before that motor stuff is tough for our littlest man.  He get services from out states early intervention program and we just had his IEP for preschool services for the fall.  That doesn't hold him back, though!  He climbs and gives everything his all. There are a few extra bumps and bruises along the way, but I'm so proud of his persistence.

Each of our boys has a lovey.  Jack's is his little doggy and I just love that it goes everywhere with him.  Like when it went down the ailse at Godfather Tony's wedding :)  It shows just how big Jack's little heart it!


 Jack is always up for an adventure.  His favorite time is anytime spent outside.  If he can play with his brothers then it's all the better!  Last night was a perfect example.  NOw that all three boys have helmets they were able to chase eachother all around the really big circle.  Jack loved every second of it - that is until it was time to go inside.


Sometimes I think back to when I first found out I was pregnant with Jack.  I was barely keeping my head above water as a  working mom to two and I was a bit overwhelmed for a second.  Now I couldn't possibly be any happier than I am.  God knew exactly what he was doing when he blessed our family with our newest addition.  To quote his big brother Will "I love him a little bit more every day".

Tonight we have a second grade picnic with families from Max's school.  We will come home, sing happy birthday, and open presents.  Does it get any better than that?!

No comments: