Thursday, May 21, 2015

It's Official. . .

Max is a second grader!  His last day of school was today and he was all excited when he came home.  It was only a half day and he was quick to inform me that they didn't learn anything.  They had a class meeting - that makes me wish I was still in the classroom.

Over the past week his amazing teacher had the kids vote on one of their classmates for all of these different categories. Mr and Mrs. Kind, Future Teacher, Future Scientist, Future President, Never Giving Up, Fastest Runner. . . and the list goes on and on.   Max was super proud when he showed me that he was voted Mathlete - "you know mom, like an athlete, but with math."  The grin on his face was just priceless!  Have I said that LOVE his teacher?!

I'm so incredibly proud of Max and the young boy he has become.  He works hard and is getting better everyday about sticking with things even when they are tough.  He has grown so much this year in all areas, socially, emotionally, and academically.  It's an honor to watch.


No comments: