Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Happy Birthday, Baby Jack!

 I can't believe it has been a year since I first held this sweet baby boy in my arms.  It feels like he was just born yesterday, but then again I can't imagine our family without him.  Jack changed us from a family of four to a family of five - he completed us.

This morning the little boys and I celebrated by going to our play class.  Jack was Mr. Independent.  He just crawled and climbed all over everything!  It was so much fun to watch him explore.  He has been a bit slow on some gross motor skills, in fact until this week he wasn't pulling all the way up to standing.  That isn't the case any more.  He loves his new found trick and practiced it over and over this morning.  

This afternoon I baked a cake so that we could sing to sweet baby Jack - after all what is a birthday without a bit of singing.  Both Max and Will took turns blowing out the candle.  Jack didn't seem to mind too much and was happy to let his big brothers in on the fun. 



Jack enjoyed his first taste of cake before getting a bath and heading to bed.  I still can't believe how much he has changed and grown this year.  He has gone from an adorable, but helpless, little newborn  to a clever, loving, sweet baby boy.  I'm going to avoid calling him a toddler until he is officially walking.  While I love watching him grow, I want to keep him by baby just a little bit longer. 

No comments: