Sunday, March 23, 2014

Party Day

Wow. I think that is just about all I can say about Max's birthday party yesterday. We hired Steve from The Reptile Experience to come put on a show at our home. 

 
Thanks to a lot of help from Great Aunt Carmelina we were all ready for the party yesterday afternoon.  She has some pretty crazy cake decorating skills. I think the eyes and teeth were the best part!

Brian and Max saw Steve last summer at the library and Brian couldn't wait to hire him for hte party. The way Brian talked him up I had high expectations - and he did not disappoint!  I mean, come on, he pulled a four foot aligator out of a tub in  the middle of my living room!  Then he put the alligator's mouth in his!

 Max loved every minute of it.  He held every animal offered to him and he was just so brave - and grown up.  Have I mentioned yet that six just seems crazy old?!
Even Nonna and Aunt Carm got in on the action and held the alligator.  I just love the looks on their faces!
 
Just the other day Nonna and Max were talking about the blue tounged skink.  Sure enough Steve pulled one of those out too!  I think he was impressed with Max's knowledge of the animal.  Nonna was proud too.


 
The last animal he brought out was an anaconda.  Max held that snake and was just fine, although he did flinch a bit when the snake's head moved up to his hand.

 Afte the show we headed downstairs for cake.  I think the kids were all pretty impressed with Aunt Carm's alligator - at least I know the other mom's were.

It was a fabulous party and it was so fun to watch Max celebrate with his buddies from school.  I still can't believe he is six.  I'll probably be saying that until he turns seven. . .

No comments: