Saturday, January 21, 2012

9 Months Old

Can my baby really be 3/4 of a year old already? I just don't see how that is possible! So what is new in Will's world? He has been battling a pretty nasty cold. I stayed home with him on Tuesday and took him to the doctor. Dr. Joe said it was just a cold and to let it run its course. Unfortunately Will seemed to be getting worse rather than better so we ended up seeing Dr. Joe again yesterday afternoon. Max is now on an antibiotic to help clear up his cold which has turned into an infection. Hopefully he is on the mend and his nose will stop running. He hates having it wiped and yells every time I try. So he often looks likes just like this picture - snot running down and all.

His two bottom teeth are just about all the way in. His top two are so close to cutting through. They look just awful - all bulged out and red. I really hope they cut through soon so my little man can get some relief.

Will is doing a great job at pulling up from a sitting position. He loves to stand whenever given a chance. It drives Max crazy that Will pulls up at the side of the train table. I have a feeling things are going to only get tougher in this area. Will is showing more and more interest in Max's things and Max isn't too wild about.

Will has been working hard to perfect his pincher grasp. I just gave him a few Gerber Puffs the other day and he loved trying to pick them up. I'm not sure how many actually end up in his mouth. While he is great at grabbing things with his thumb and forefinger, he hasn't quite gotten the idea of letting go of the treat once it reaches his mouth.

Probably my favorite Will 'trick' this month is his wiggles. He wiggles his little body on demand and shakes his head from side to side. He gets all excited and it is just the cutest thing ever.

It really does just amaze me how much children change this first year. It is a wonder to watch.

No comments: