Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ouch!



Max has had his first noticeable boo-boo. He was trying to climb on the little plastic rocking horse at daycare and he conked his eye on the handle. I know it isn't the best picture, but you can see his battle wound above his right eye. I am sure this is just the first of many that we will see over the next few months - or whenever her really decided to start walking!

Right now he has all the strength he needs to stand on his own and walk, but as soon as he realizes he isn't touching anything he falls flat on his tush. I am beginning to wonder if my little man will ever get there! He did great with cousin Bridget's push toys in CA, but he has no interest in pushing the similar toy we have here.


Max's new favorite thing is when mommy does the laundry. He gets so excited! He loves to play in the basket when it is empty and he finds it even more fun to pull everything out of it when I am trying to fold things. I turned around to get hangers and before I knew it Max had just about every single item strewn all over the floor! If only he could learn to put things back. . . now he is just obsessed with pulling things out. I am ashamed to admit it, but today he did the same thing with the trash can in his room. I guess I will be finding a new place for that!


We also had his one year check up before we left on our trip and I just realized I didn't update his stats on the blog. He was almost 32 inches (90th) and 22lb 14oz (50th). Our little man is long and lean! We have made the big switch to whole milk. Max has taken to it like a champ. I am still nursing once or twice a day, but I don't see that lasting too much longer. I think he is losing interest, so I have a feeling he will be finished within the next month or so. I still can't believe how much our little guy has changed. He never ceases to amaze me!

1 comment:

bellrusso said...

Sara,
You've done a beautiful job with your blog--what a darling boy you guys have there!
Glad y'all had fun in S.F.--I know Carlotta did, she gave us all the details.
See ya,
Heather (Mel's dau-in-law)