Saturday, April 25, 2009

Molars, toes, and grass, oh my!

What a busy couple weeks Max has had . . . I sure seem to say that a lot but it really is true. Yesterday we played peek a boo outside. He just gets more fun every day!


Max has finally cut two molars, I think he was working on them for three months. Now that they are through the drooling has slowed down lots - I think we only go through about two bibs a day now rather than six. The two that are through are both on the bottom, but I can also see one on the top that is just about to poke through soon. It seems like Max's teeth come in spurts, I guess his molars will be the same way.

The weather has be beautiful here the past few days. So nice, in fact, that Max was able to be a barefoot baby for the first time in quite a while just the other day. My mom came over to watch him for a bit so that I could go to the gym. When I got home she pointed out his toes . . . they looked awful! They were all red and raw and they were practically bleeding. I was shocked that I hadn't noticed this earlier! Although in my defense, the sore part is under his toes and Max is a master toe curler. It was so bad that I took him to the doctor on Thursday afternoon (we needed to get his ears checked to make sure he has recovered from his latest infection anyway). The doctor asked if he wears footy pajamas to bed, which he usually does. The doctor said that Max has a case of what he calls 'jammie toes'. I guess Max has some sweaty feet and since he likes to keep his toes curled the sweat was getting trapped and eating away at his skin at night - gross, I know. We have been putting Aquaphor on his toes twice a day and they are much better. As I type he is downstairs sleeping in a pair of foot free pajamas.

We have also done a bunch of yard work the last few days. Last night we tried to have Max play on the grass while we worked, but it turns out he doesn't like grass too much. I also think he was just sleepy, so he wasn't in the best of moods to begin with. Minutes after this pitiful picture, Max was taken in for bath time and bed. I think it was needed.

No comments: