Friday, January 2, 2009

Attack at the Shoe Store

Max got his first real pair of shoes tonight. Now that he is pulling up and beginning to cruise along furniture it seemed like he finally needed something more than socks on his cute little feet. We went to Laurie's Shoe Store tonight. Max was fitted and he tried on a pair. While he was hanging out in his soon to be new shoes he was attacked - literally.

A little boy came down the slide and made a bee line for Max. I was right next to him, but before I could react the kid was doing his best to claw Max's eyes out! I pulled Max away, but not quickly enough. He was screaming so loud the whole store heard. My poor little man. . .

The salesman says that things get pretty crazy there sometimes but he has never seen one child attack another. We were all so amazed at how quickly it happened. I think the other little boy had some major anger issues. I feel bad for his future teachers.

I guess it was not a total loss. Max recovered fairly quickly once he was safely in mom's arms and the salesman felt so badly that he gave us a 50% discount on Max's shoes. Daddy was pretty happy with that. Sorry it the picture isn't the best. By the time we made it home Max was not a happy camper and he didn't feel much like modeling his new footwear.

I am also adding a cute little picture of Max with the pets. The weather was really nice the other day and I was able to open the front door. The pets always love a good sun spot. Max really enjoys looking out the windows at the passing cars too. The cat, dog, and him have that in common. The sun spot by the front door is the perfect spot for both.

No comments: