Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Chess Class

With our membership to the chess club we get free classes.  William has been wanting to go to a class to learn how the pieces move, so Sunday afternoon we headed to the club.  Brian took Max to the more advanced class, so I don't have any pictures of him.  Nonna and I stayed upstairs with the little boys.  I was terrified of how Jack would do during the class.  I had assumed I would need to take him to the other room and try to entertain him while William went to class.   That was't the case at all!

Jack marched in and sat in a chair right next to his big brother.  He sat and listened to the teacher and gave his full attention.  He spoke up at appropriate time and even raised his hand to show how the knight could move.  I was so thrilled!  Unknown social situations can be tough for Jack and it was so heartwarming to see him do so well!

William did great too.  He was an old pro and answered all kinds of questions - then made funny hand motions to show how excited he was that he was correct.

We wrapped up the outing with ice cream.  The boys love for their Nonna melts my heart every time I see something like this.  We are so lucky!



No comments: